Health and wellness
25 SHORT EMPOWERING QUOTES TO INSPIRE YOU:
I found this great book: 1001 Ways to Empowerment during my last library run. I’m not even halfway through it but I’m so impressed by how many great short, empowering quotes it has. So I thought I’d share them with you.
SHORT EMPOWERING QUOTES:
The time to start on your path towards healthy eating and living is now. During these difficult times, it may feel like the world has gone crazy and you've lost all control. That's why, a healthy lifestyle is more important now than ever! The first step is ALWAYS the toughest, but you can do this, and you must take the first step. Below are a few ways you can begin your healthy change that will encourage direction and stick-to-it-ive-ness. Good luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me.
1. Wake up 15 minutes earlier than your usual and take that time to meditate. Download some chakra clearing or meditative music that feels good to you. Make this a new routine everyday.
2. Drink a full 16oz glass of water before anything else. I take iron with vitamin C first thing in the morning and make sure I drink a giant glass of water. You can add lemon or apple cider vinegar to it if you'd like.
3. Start your day with gluten free rolled oats or sprouted oats topped with berries and a 1/2 cup of coconut or almond milk. Try to stay away from caffeine. If you're going to have coffee, make it decaf , sugar free and non dairy. Yes this is possible and it can be fantastic. Also, try the organic French cold pressed coffee route. It reduces the intake of pesticides and cuts down on acid and is easier on your stomach. And go check out my page organic cooking/recipes for some awesome breakfast dishes!
4. Start journaling. Write down goals and things you want to achieve long and short term. This will make sure you get them done and will increase the likelihood of you following through.
5. Say one positive thing and what you're grateful for, even if its something 'small' like 'I'm so happy they had vanilla coconut milk at Safeway last night. Yay!' or 'I'm so glad the blueberries on my oatmeal are rotten. Yay!' Hey, anything matters!
6. Stay off social media! This is pretty obvious especially the way things have been lately. Don't start your day watching all the garbage on FB or Insta. Its, GARBAGE!
7. Make sure you plan some down time for yourself during the week. Have a 'do nothing' day to chill, watch movies or read.
This is just the beginning, and I want you to to remember, your health in your most important investment. Do it now, and you will for the rest of your life be glad you did!